"WE'RE BACK, DORKS!
VIKING GUITAR LIVE is the five-person live version of Viking Guitar, including some long-time contributors to the video game cover music scene. "Warpath" is our follow-up to 2014's "Legion", re-recording and reinterpreting earlier Viking Guitar tunes for the full band. We've been trying to record this album since late 2015, but various other projects and real-life obligations prevented it from happening until now. However, since that time we've gotten the opportunity to play at several large conventions, and have done a bunch of smaller shows as "Viking Guitar Lite" (with just Erik and Grant) and this album is a great culmination of the last few years.
There are two new songs for you on here that have never been recorded previously, and one (7th Saga) that we've never played live.
Thanks to everyone that continues to listen to this music and to come see us perform. It's a wonderful experience for us, every time, and we couldn't do it without you!
KEEP THE WORLD METAL!"
FUN FACTS FOR AUDIO NERDS:
- No drum triggering/sampling was used in these songs. What you're hearing is 100% acoustic drums.
- Guitar tones were all via amp sims (Scuffham and BIAS for Grant, TSE for Erik, and LePou Plugins for Ryan.)
- This album was recorded, mixed and mastered entirely using REAPER DAW.
- The guitar lines are arranged to reflect how we play these songs live. In general, you're usually hearing either three guitars playing rhythm or two playing rhythm with one lead. The only times you're hearing one of us double-tracking are when it's needed to maintain a doubled rhythm guitar line. (You can get the isolated tracks as a bonus download when you buy the full album!)
- The five members of VGL live in different parts of the country. All recording was done remotely to scratch tracks, and then mixed and mastered in Santa Cruz, CA.
- The oldest song on this album ("Surfside Graveyard") was originally recorded in December 2009. The most recent ("Vash the Stampede") was introduced in our live set in August 2017.
Erik "Viking Guitar" Peabody - Guitar
Ryan "Mega Beardo" Postlethwait - Guitar
Grant "Stemage" Henry - Guitar
Dan "Chunkstyle" Taylor - Bass
Adam Henry - Drums
Mixed and mastered by Erik Peabody
Recorded by the members of Viking Guitar Live
All arrangements were created by Viking Guitar Live
Original music is from their respective games
Cover art and design by Nate Horsfall
Koji Kondo (1)
Ryuichi Nitta, Keiji Yamagishi, Mayuko Okamura (2)
Hiroki Kikuta (3)
Ayako Mori (4)
Yuki Iwai (5)
Tsuneo Imahori (6)
Norihiko Yamanuki (7)